GENERAL HAIR CARE
Hair care is an overall term for parts of hygiene and cosmetology involving the hair on the human head. Hare care will differ according to one’s
hair type and according to various processes that can be applied to hair. Hair care is taken to mean care of hair on the human head.
Dry Hair Care Tips- Dry hair looks brittle and feels “crunchy” to the touch. There are many causes of dry hair, ranging from genetics to hair
treatments. Inactive oil glands can cause dry hair. If you have dry hair as a result of dry skin. Consider washing your hair fewer times each week
(every two or three days). Also pay attention to the type of shampoo and conditioner you use to make sure it replenishes your scalp with essential
oils, Be sure to take care with heat and chemicals, especially if you have dry hair.
Oily Hair Care Tips- Do you have oily hair? If you wash your hair in the morning, you may find yourself frustrated by the time evening rolls
around, as your hair already appears to need another wash. Keep in mind that oily hair is really an oily scalp. Wash your scalp and hair as needed,
lathering twice if you need to. You might try leaving the shampoo on your head for at least five minutes before rinsing. And conditioner your hair
on the ends only. Do not place conditioner directly to your scalp. Avoid brushing your hair too often, as the brush brings oil from the scalp to the
ends of your hair.
Also, ask your hair stylist what he or she recommends for oily hair.
(Hair Care Tips For Weave Hair)
- Shampoo And Condition:- Yes, you still head to shampoo your hair on a regular basis. Concentrate the shampoo on your scalp and work it
in with the balls of your fingertips. Then work the shampoo down the hair, but do not ball it up on the tap of your head. Instead, work your
hair fingers straight down through the hair to the ends. Let the water help guide the shampoo down. It’s important to keep the hair as straight
as possible to prevent matting and tangling.
- Apply Oils To Your Scalp:- Your hair and scalp still need nourishment, work naturals oils beneath the weave is made of human hair,
getting a little product on it won’t it.
- Don’t Neglect The Weave:- Also when caring for your hair, you must care for the weave hair as well. Just because you will eventually
remove it does not mean you can neglect it. Beside cleansing weave hair needs to be combed to work tangles out. It should be recurred at
night , either under a satin cap or scalp.
- Apply conditioner after shampoo and wait 2-3 minutes. Rinse the conditioner. Conditioning is necessary to make hair silky, smooth and
(Hair Care Tips For Straight Hair)
- Always brush out your hair before washing. Always hold hair in a ponytail while brushing out the ends. For the rest of your hair, hold one
hand firmly against scalp while brushing. Doing this will ensure less shedding and a longer life for your hair. Start coming from tail and
moves slowly upwards.
- Work the shampoo in to your hair, scrubbing the scalp with your fingertips and being careful not to snarl the ends too much. Don’t scrub the
hair during washing. Hair should not be shampooed daily. Twice a week if you can after shampoo conditioning is necessary. If you have oily
hair, try not to scrub the scalp.
- Condition your hair, A good conditioner will help keep your healthy and will make it easier to detangle after shampooing. If you have dry hair
you will need to use a moisturizing conditioner. However, if you have oily hair you should use a basic conditioning.
- Rinse the conditioner out completely, being extra careful not to short the ends.
- Blot the hair with a towel and comb it out once more.
- We recommend sleeping in a loose ponytail or braid to avoid any tangling from occurring through the night and daily to avoid knots and
(Hair Care Tips For Curly Hair)
- Shampoo In The Shower:- This is the best way to cleanse and condition your hair because it keeps your curly pointing downward. The
more you manipulate curls, the more likely they are to frizz.
- Avoid Oils:- For well defined curls products that are not oil based will give you better results.
- Avoid combing and brushing.
- Only use fingers to comb your hair from top to down. If you use comb and brush it becomes fluffy.
- Recommended washing your hair should be not more than one to three times in a week.
- Curly hair does this more often so it needs more water to create stronger bonds.
Tips For Wearing A Wig
- How To Determine Your Size
- Hair Color Chart
- Tips For Wearing a Wig This page contains important information about human hair wigs and how to care for them.
- Putting on human hair wigs for the first time.
- Brushing human hair wigs.
- Washing human hair wigs
Like your natural hair, if you want your human hair wig to continue to look beautiful, it will require regular maintenance. Your wig should be
brushed as often as you wear it. Your wig should be washed at least once a month. You can do this yourself or it can be done professionally by a wig
salon. We always recommend using a professional wig care specialist. Not aware of a wig salon in your area? Your local hairdresser may have
experience with wigs and may be able to service your wigs just as they did your real hair. It doesn't hurt to ask. Also, don't forget that Fortune Wigs
has two salon locations, one in Brooklyn, NY and one in Lakewood NJ.
Adjusting and putting on our human hair wigs for the first time.
- If you have short hair, you may skip this step. If your hair is longer, tie your hair in a loose, low bun before putting on your wig.
- Remove the wig from the packaging and grip it by the front hairline.
- Gently run your fingers through the hair from the hairline downward to give the wig some bounce and to straighten any hairs that are out of
- One at a time, place your index and middle finger on either side of each of the smaller hair grip clips (figure 1) and, using your thumb, press
upward in the center of the clip from the outside of the wig to invert the clip. You will hear a snapping sound.
- Once you have inverted the two smaller side clips, grip the wig as shown in figure 2 with the inside of the wig cap facing away from your body,
tilt your head forward and slide the wig onto your head. The large hairline clip in the center will hook into your natural hairline
- While still holding onto the wig, gently toss the hair over your head and slide your fingers along the wigs perimeter to the back pulling the wig
over your hair and onto your head. Don't worry if you miss some of your hair. Just slide your hands in between the wig and your head tucking
in any loose hairs afterward.
- Now, using your finders as a guide, find the two smaller clips along the sides of the inside hairline (that you inverted earlier) and using your
index and middle fingers, press the edges until the clips snap back into place.
- Finally, use a brush to adjust out of place hairs (or your fingers)